To celebrate four years since purchasing the building, Jim and Deb Neulreich are hosting an Open House at the historic Schumacher Building, 302 N Franklin St, Port Washington.
Additionally, bronze markers from the Port Washington Historical Society and the National Register of Historic Places will be presented during the Open House.
The Schumacher Monument Company building was designed by the Green Bay architectural firm of Foeller, Schober & Berners, and built in 1931. It is an example of the commercial Art Deco style of architecture, built by Matthias Schumacher, replacing an earlier wood building on the same site.
The Open House is open to the public from 1 to 3 pm on Sunday, April 12th, with remarks and presentation of the markers at 1:30 pm.
Several businesses have operated in the Schumacher building, the current being Zing Boutique, owned by the Neulreichs. Anyone with information or memorabilia about former businesses or owners in the building would be especially appreciated at the Open House or any time prior.